Monday 12 March 2018, 10.00am – 3.30pm
The Religious Diversity Centre
University of Otago House, 385 Queen Street, Auckland City
This workshop will be led by Dr Paul Weller. Paul has extensive experience and leadership in multicultural, multireligious UK society, as well as more widely in Europe. He is currently:
- Professor, Centre for Trust, Peace & Social Relations, Coventry University
- Research Fellow in Religion & Society, Regent’s Park College, University of Oxford
- Emeritus Professor, Centre for Social, Cultural & Legal Research, University of Derby
Prof Weller is experienced in the innovative and holistic approach of the European ‘Belief-o-rama’ training programmes that aim to contribute to social cohesion within contemporary society. The methods are highly interactive and not only bring participants into better personal consciousness about the issues, but also encourage and support personal responsibility towards creative inclusive environments.
- Facilitate dialogue and sharing of experiences in the area of religion and culture
- Explore the meaning, impact and issues of religious diversity in Aotearoa-New Zealand
- Enable participants to recognise contemporary manifestations of stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination related to religion
- Develop individual skills for creating inclusive intercultural environments.
The Religious Diversity Centre invites people of religion, faith, belief systems, and those with a secular or no faith background that are interested in issues of religious diversity.
Registration fee: $30 for this 5.5 hour workshop. Lunch will be provided. You can register and pay for this workshop here:
To Register and Pay for Paul Weller’s workshop in Auckland on Monday 12 March 2018, please click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button below. You will be prompted to either:
a) Check Out and Pay using your PayPal account, or
b) Check Out and Pay without a PayPal account (i.e. using either a Credit Card or Debit Card).
If you are registering for someone else, or for more than one person, please add the registrants name(s) to the Text Box below before clicking on the ‘Add to Cart’ button. You will receive a receipt once your registration and payment have been completed.